WordPress SEO is such an important factor when trying to get your site listed high in the major Search Engines.
The WordPress publishing system is being used for so many more aspects than it’s original Blog idea. User’s today are using the WordPress Publishing System for blogs, content management systems, e-commerce website, you name it, and a developer has modified a theme or plugin for that specific purpose.
With so many free and premium themes available, literally thousands of plugins and a community of passionate developers working on WordPress, you would be crazy not to use WordPress for your web presence.
The starting point of any new web site and junior web publisher is to get your site working and to start adding content. After your site has been active for a little while ( Being a couple of weeks to a few months ) you are going to want to start increasing your visitors to your WordPress powered site.
To increase visitors to your website you are going to have to make sure that your site is optimized for Search Engine. Welcome to Search Engine Optimization (SEO ). Search Engine Optimization (WordPress SEO) is the process of ensuring your website conforms to the guidelines of major Search Engines and that your content is at a proper standard.
Lucky for us there are so many developers working on WordPress, they have created many plugins that take the pain and frustration out of Search Engine Optimization by helping to achieve everyday tasks.
In this article I wish to outline some great WordPress SEO plugins that you can use on your WordPress powered website to increase your site attractiveness to Search Engines and overall Search Engine Optimization. This hopefully will put you on the right path to increasing your Search Rankings and overall visitors to your website.
All in One SEO Pack
Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
|Download All in One SEO Pack Plugin|
This all-in-one SEO plugin gives you control over title tags, noindex, meta tags, slugs, canonical, autolinks, 404 errors, rich snippets, and more.
- Title Tag Rewriter
- Meta Description Editor
- Meta Keywords Editor
- Meta Robot Tags Editor
- 404 Monitor
- Linkbox Inserter
- File Editor
- Slug Optimizer
- Competition Researcher
- More Link Customizer
- Internal Relevance Researcher
- Deeplink Juggernaut
- Code Inserter
- Rich Snippet Creator
- Sharing Facilitator
- Webmaster Verification Assistant
- Link Mask Generator
- Settings Manager
- Additional features
- More Features In the Works
|Download SEO Ultimate Plugin|
WordPress SEO by Yoast
The most complete all in one SEO solution for your WordPress blog, this plugin has a huge list of features, including:
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus keyword testing.
- Meta Robots configuration:
- Easily add noodp, noydir meta tags.
- Easily noindex, or nofollow pages, taxonomies or entire archives.
- Improved canonical support, adding canonical to taxonomy archives, single posts and pages and the front page.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for, for instance, Google Custom Search.
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
- XML Sitemaps with:
- Configurable removal of post types and taxonomies
- Pages or posts that have been noindexed will not show in XML sitemap (but can if you want them too).
- XML News Sitemaps.
- .htaccess and robots.txt editor.
- Basic import functionality for HeadSpace2 and All in One SEO.
|Download WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin|
Greg’s High Performance SEO
Configure over 100 separate on-page SEO characteristics. Load under 700 lines of code per page view. No junk: just high performance SEO at its best.
WordPress SEO plugins have been done before, but never like this.
Offering direct control over more than 100 separate on-page characteristics important for SEO, while loading fewer than 700 lines of code for each ordinary page view and playing nicely with other plugins, this plugin has been designed from the ground up for performance and compatibility. (By contrast, the most popular SEO plugin configures only around 20 characteristics, demands more than 2000 lines of code for each page view, and employs crude output buffer hacks which can sap performance and trample on many other plugins.)
This plugin is intended for anyone who wants to help search engines find their material: it’s not just for professional marketers, it’s not just for those who make their living via the web, and it’s certainly not only for developers or full-time settings tweakers.
|Download Greg’s High Performance SEO Plugin|
SEO Smart Links
SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more.
SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
Further SEO Smart links allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs. Finally SEO Smart links allows you to set nofollow attribute and open links in new window.
It is a perfect solution to get your blog posts interlinked or add affiliate links to other sites.
Everything happens completely transparent, and you can edit the options from the administration settings panel.
|Download SEO Smart Links Plugin|
SEO Rank Reporter
Based on keywords you choose, the SEO Rank Reporter plugin will track your Google rankings every 3 days and report the data in an easy-to-read graph. You will also be able to visualize your traffic flow in response to ranking changes and receive emails notifying you of major rank changes.
- Add keywords to the reporter and let the reporter track your website’s (or other websites’) ranking changes.
- View a historical graph of your rankings.
- Visually compare how your website is ranking compared to competitors.
- Watch how your traffic fluctuates based on ranking changes.
- Get email notifications when any one of your rankings changes in X (you specify X) positions.
- Download a full CSV file containing all of your ranking data.
- View a list of keywords that are currently driving traffic to your website and add them to the rank reporter.
|Download SEO Rank Reporter Plugin|
SEO Friendly Images
SEO Friendly Images automatically adds alt and title attributes to all your images. Improves traffic from search engines and makes the image tags W3C/
SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress SEO plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.
ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your images to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match.
TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when mouse is over the image.
|Download SEO Friendly Images Plugin|
Google XML Sitemaps
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
|Download Google XML Sitemaps Plugin|
Platinum SEO Pack
Platinum SEO Plugin offers Complete onsite SEO solution for your WordPress blog. Platinum SEO Plugin offers all the functionalities of All In One SEO pack.
- Automatic 301 redirects for any permalink changes
- Canonical URLs
- Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
- Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
- Option to specify meta description and meta keywords tag for categories and tag pages. (http://techblissonline.com/wordpress-categories/)**
- Option to turn off Page title or Post title rewrites for any particular post or page(http://techblissonline.com/page-title/)**
- Option to turn off Page title or Post title format for any particular post or page
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
- Support for custom post types
- Support for custom taxonomies in version 1.3.4 (Thanks to Aidan – sww.co.nz)
- Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
- You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in one SEO
* Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noodp, noydir, noarchive, nosnippet meta tags to any post/page.These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack.Find out why this option to set post/page level Meta Robots Tag useful?
|Download Platinum SEO Pack Plugin|
wpSEO stands for efficient, fully-automated and affordable SEO in WordPress, the state of the art Weblog-System. WordPress SEO made easy.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is a legal technique to position your website on a higher and much more successful spot in search engines. Mostly, SEO is much more cost-efficient and more effective instead of usual advertisements like Google AdWords or buying backlinks.
With more than 70 useful options you can have a perfect optimization of your website for search engines. Dynamic and automatic creation of metatags and titles, depending on the content, is just one of the many strength of wpSEO. It can do much more!
WordPress 3.0 ready. 301-redirect. Blacklist. Creates Canonical tag. Noun filtering. Mannually addition of metatags. Relevance as criteria. Duplicate content avoidance. Keyword highlighting in posts. SEO Monitor with Google PageRank. Importing and exporting your settings.
|Visit Platinum SEO Pack Plugin|
Using these Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugins will surely increase the attractiveness of your website or blog to Search Engine, thus leading to increased traffic ranking. If using more than one plugin from the above list, be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions about the plugins to make sure that they are compatible with other plugins and will not bring your blog to a crashing halt.
To view other great plugins available for your WordPress installation be sure to view our Plugins category.