The Dev4Press GD Simple Widgets WordPress Plugin is a collection of powerful, easy to use widgets that expand on the default WordPress widgets to bring you more customization and features when using the widgets.
GD Simple Widgets
The Simple Widgets plugins adds 10 great new widgets to your WordPress Dashboard that provides new and also extends the functionality of already existing widgets. When using the default widgets there may be times when you find you may be limited in the use of these widgets, however not anymore.
The plugin is available is 2 versions. The “lite” version with contains 9 widgets and the “pro” version which contains an amazing 11 widgets. The lite edition is a free version however you are limited in the use of this version. The lite version will not allow for new widgets to be added and does not allow you to modify the T2 templates for each widget.
By purchasing the pro version of GD Simple Widgets you will receive any future widget releases when updates are available. At the time of this article there are already 3 new widgets in development.
Each widget is highly customizable by the use of the plugin options and the clever use of editable T2 templates. Each widget has a range of display and filter options that will help you set it the way you want and to show only the data you need. All templates support very advanced CSS classes that can be used for better visual manipulation of rendered elements.
The available Widgets
- gdsw Future Posts: Render the list with upcoming posts that are scheduled.
- gdsw LinkedIn Badge (PRO): Display simple badge to LinkedIn website.
- gdsw Most Comment: List of posts sorted by the number of comments.
- gdsw Popular Posts: List of most viewed posts, requires GD Press Tools for views tracking.
- gdsw Random Posts: List of posts order by random.
- gdsw Recent Comments: Widget with great many options to format the list.
- gdsw Recent Posts: List of recently published posts.
- gdsw Post Authors: Renders list of post authors, and allow even feed links to be added.
- gdsw Related Posts: Find the list of posts related to current one based on tags and/or categories.
- gdsw Simple 125×125 Ads: Display two ads with 125×125 pixels.
- gdsw Simple Search (PRO): Show the blog search form that can be customized.
The GD Simple Widgets is a fantastic plugin that allows you as a WordPress site owner to get so much more out of the already existing WordPress widgets. One of the widgets that I highly recommend is the gdSW Simple 125 Ads. This widgets allows you to customize and add 125px x 125px ads to your WordPress sidebar therefore eliminating the need to add your Advertising code manually.
Win 1 of 3 Dev4Press GD Simple Widgets WordPress Plugins including 1 year full updates
The developers of GD Simple Widgets are giving 3 lucky visitors to WPInsite the chance to win 1 of 5 fully licenced copies of this amazing WordPress plugin. The prize includes 1 year of full updates. To enter for your chance to win, follow the instructions below.
2. Tweet/Retweet the following message and paste your tweet URL in the comment section below.
I am winning a copy of the Dev4Press GD Simple Widgets WordPress Plugins including 1 yr updates from the WordPress resource site @WPInsite
3. You may enter this giveaway multiple times by tweeting the message once a day until the giveaway closes. Each tweet is counted as one entry, which will be put into the list of entries.
4. Winners will be chosen using Random.org’s List Randomizer after the competition ends. Winners will be contacted through Twitter.
Note: Competition is now closed and winners will be contacted by email.